ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Rajamahendri Institute of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 2008. All through its sparkling history of ten years, the department of ECE has been known for its exceptionally strong Under-Graduate and Graduate training programmes.
Ranked among the prominent in East Godavari, the department has always been on a progressive path, thanks to the experienced and dedicated faculty members who have a strong commitment towards providing quality engineering education.
To provide quality and contemporary education in the domain of Electronics and Communication Engineering through periodically updated curriculum, best-of-breed laboratory facilities, collaborative ventures with industries and effective teaching-learning process.
To produce globally competitive and socially sensitized engineering graduates and to bring out quality research in the frontier areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Spread over a built up area, the Department houses 6 classrooms, 11 Laboratories, Each state-of-the-art laboratory is managed by a faculty Coordinator and a Staff-in-charge and has the best-of-breed equipments featuring and Microwave Training Systems and Optical Kits,. The faculty and the supporting staff take up the responsibility of providing the best laboratory programs to complement the theoretical courses. Maintenance of the lab equipments is given prime importance and is carried out at the end of each Academic year.Analog Communication (AC) Lab :
The laboratory is well equipped with different modulation and demodulation kits such as AM, FM, DSB-SC, SSB-SC, and TDM etc. Also the above experiments have been simulated using “MATLAB ”. The lab is also equipped with a Spectrum analyzer, Digital storage oscilloscopes of 40 MHz, 4 channel 60MHz Digital storage oscilloscopes and a dynamic radio demonstrator.Integrated Circuits and Applications (ICA) Lab:
The laboratory consists of about 50 experimental trainer kits on linear and digital IC Applications. Apart from this, the lab has an IC tester, Bread Board trainer kits, 20MHz CRO's and Function Generators. The lab caters to the needs of all branches of the institution.Pulse Digital Circuits (PDC) Lab:
The Laboratory is well equipped with sufficient number of Function & signal Generators, CRO's, Regulated power supplies, bread boards, digital multimeters and Decade resistance, capacitance and Inductance boxes etc.for the students to conduct experiments based on topics like Multivibrators, Schmitt trigger, logic gates, Flip-Flops, Linear & Non linear wave shaping, sweep circuits, combinational circuits, and relaxation oscillator. The Lab is also equipped with different kits to study and analyze the experiments on above topics.Microprocessor & Micro controller (MP&MC) Lab:
The laboratory has been established to satisfy the needs in the area of microprocessors & Micro controllers focusing on embedded systems. The Lab has 10 micro controller trainer kits, 20 microprocessor trainer kits and 10 micro controller development board sets. In addition to these a wide range of micro controllers and microprocessors are available for experiments and project work. Further smart card development kits, wireless application Modules and RFID development kits are also available. In addition to these there are 36 networked computer systems with latest configuration. For demonstration and explanation of the experiments an LCD projector is fixed. A 11KVA UPS is available for un interrupted power.Micro Wave & Optical Communication (MW&OC) Lab:
This laboratory is well equipped with 10 Reflex Klystron test benches, 4 Gunn Oscillators test benches with different kinds of loads. It also consists of 8 VSWR meters, 6 CROs, 7 fiber optic trainer kits for determining the characteristics of LED, LASER and photo detector. Microwave antennas like Pyramidal horn, E-Plane and H-Plane sectoral horns are also available.Digital Communication (DC) Lab:
The lab has a number of digital communication trainer kits such as ASK, FSK, PSK, PCM and DPCM etc. The lab also consists of 30 MHz CROs, 4 Channel 60 MHz Digital storage oscilloscopes and 3MHz Function generators.Electronic Circuit Analysis (ECA) Lab:
In this laboratory, the students are trained to design various electronic circuits like power amplifiers, tuned amplifiers, regulators, oscillators, feedback amplifiers using Multisim software and hardware trainer kits. The lab has Multisim software for conducting software experiments and hardware trainer kits, CRO’s, DC power supplies, Function Generators, Multimeters for conducting hardware experiments. The lab is equipped with 66 number of computer systems with online UPS which are networked.ECAD and VLSI LAB :
ECAD & VLSI lab is established in the year 2010 and is equipped with sufficient number of systems with online UPS and networking. The ECAD &VLSI lab is utilized by both ECE and ETM students. The lab is set up according to the standards set by JNTU. The lab has sufficient soft ware such as Active HDL (20 user keys) ,Xilinx Universal trainer unit, FPGA module, simplify pro, synthesis tool (2user key),VLSI design suit consisting of universal base unit, XILINX CPLD module .Recently, The ECAD & VLSI lab is updated with the new software and Hardware i.e XILINX system Edition(perpetual) 25 users, Spartan 6E board with cable (7boards) .Mentor HEP 1 Category software with30 users.Digital Signal Processing Lab:
This laboratory is equipped with Texas manufactured DSP starter kits with the core processor being TMS320C6713. This lab exposes the aspects of Digital Signal Processing. Many of the algorithms and filter designing related to DSP are implemented in MATLAB software, Code Composer Studio ( Full Version) and using TMS320C6713 DSP processor.Basic Simulation lab:
BS Lab has been established in the year 2010 caters the need of II year UG students. This lab has sufficient number of systems with networking to implement the basic concepts in the area of signal and systems using MATLAB software.Signal Processing Lab:
Signal processing Lab has been established in the year 2009 for UG students .This lab exposes the essentials of both general and advanced aspects of digital signal processing using Matlab software.Electronic Hobby Centre:
Electronic Hobby centre was started on Feb’2009 with the motto of encouraging true experimenting nature of engineering students. The hobby centre contains soldering kits, electronic components, testing and measuring equipment required for completing the hobby projects, mini projects, main projects etc.
During free time any student / staff of any department can come to this centre for completing their projects. This centre is consistentely supported by staff.
PEO's & PO's
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)Electronics and Communication Engineering Students will gain :
- Excel in higher studies and/or succeed in industry/technical profession exhibiting global competitiveness.
- Solve real-life engineering problems exhibiting a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrate good scientific and engineering breadth in the design and development of novel and cost-effective products to cater to the needs of the society.
- Exhibit professional and ethical outlook, effective communication, teamwork, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- Provide ethical and techno-savvy leadership along with socio-economic management skills resulting in a successful professional career.
Programme Outcomes (POs)Electronics and Communication Engineering Students will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics, chemistry and network and EM field analysis of electrical, electronics and communication subjects.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems.
- An ability to design electrical and electronic circuits and conduct experiments on electrical systems, analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design digital and analog systems and component.
- An ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
- Skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
- Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- The understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society with awareness of project management and finance related issues.
- Confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
- Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE and/or seek employment in the industry.