RIET NSS unit aims at developing amongst students a sense of participation in nation building through Social Work. This deepens understanding of the social environment and enriches his/her personality through actual participation in day-to-day life of the society. This process of learning is not only a desirable supplement to the classroom education but develops in the student a sense of responsibility, tolerance and cooperation. The NSS plays a vital role in the development of the latent aspects of the student's personality. Since the establishment of the College, RIET NSS unit has been functioning with full vigour and enthusiasm.
- The faculty and students are involved in community and social work. Our students were involved in support for conducting elections through electeronic voting system in association with Government agencies.
- Computers have been regularly donated by the college to spread computer literacy among the underprivileged ones. Over 50 computers have been donated to various rural schools in Rajamahendravaram.
- The college has been generously contributing for the benefit of people suffering from natural calamities as well as for other noble causes. During the recent devastating Hudhud cyclone, the college provided substantial relief material in the form of food, clothes and blankets to the needy.
- The College has NSS Unit (AP10-026) sanctioned by the JNTUK, Kakinada. NSS Funds are released by the JNTUK for every year. College maintains separate account for NSS Unit. One of the faculty member is designated as NSS Programme Officer. NSS accounts are submitted to the University with Utilization certificates.
- The NSS Unit along with social organizations conducts Health check-up, Eye camps and Detal camps for surrounding villagers and students.
- The NSS Unit organizes the community development programs in villages. Such camps help the students to understand the rural life, problems of villagers and suggest probable engineering solutions.
- Blood donation camps are conducted by the NSS Unit of the college every year in association with Government Hospital and Sanjeevani Association.
- The activities such as Swatch Bharath, Clean and Green, Plantation, Cashless Transactions., etc programs are conducted in surrounding villages through NSS.
- A school in the nearby village is adopted by The NSS Unit and study materials are distributed every year to school children.
- We are proud to note that until this academic year, the NSS units of our institution have conducted the highly useful “Blood Donation Camps”. Our NSS units have been in mobilizing blood donors in our students for the last five years. We have been conductitng blood donaton camps every year , not alone, also in the time of need, to save precious human lives, we send voluntary blood donors (our students) to hospitals to donate blood. This service will continue forever, since service to society is our foremost mission.
Our Regular Activities at a Glance
- Free medical campus at various and needy villages
- Dental camp, Health camp & Eye camp
- Personolity development programs
- Meditation and Yoga Training Programmes
- Conducting Traffic awareness events and Taking part in peak hour traffic regulations
- Conducted rallies for different social awareness themes in association with other social organizations
- Tree plantation and helping the people to do so frequently
- Special camps for road safety measures
- Traffic awareness programs
- Clean and Green Programmes